Sunday, May 4, 2008

Camel Spider



JF sent Us a picture of this creepy spider with the following caption, "He was about 7 inches long and 3 inches wide. Just a little bit smaller than my hand. He was sitting out in the sun on a sand bag. I have to be honest I didn't really care for him that much when he started hissing at us. Crazy but he was pretty cool to see. Enjoy!" Yuck! I am surprised that anything survives in the desert of Kuwait, however this guy looks pretty tough! Any one in the military serving in the middle east hears horror stories about man eating camel spiders. While I'm not sure this guy is big enough to eat a person, his momma might be able to!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I am so excited to find your blog. It will be fun to see how you are doing! I am so glad you got to visit JF, that is great. We will anxiously await his return with you. Hope all is well.