Tuesday, May 6, 2008





Between Mother's Day coming up and just finishing the book I am A Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson,( which is a pretty good book if your feeling unappreciated as a Mom.)I have been thinking alot about my Mom. This Summer it will be 6 years since she passed away. I miss her, but I am so grateful for all of the things she taught me, and the traces of her I see in my Sisters and my Brother. It's funny how my little sister, who spent the least amount of time with my Mom reminds me the most of her. There are many times when I wish she could see my boys, even though I know she really does. I would love to see how she would interact with them though, I know they would have her wrapped around their tiny fingers. She loved little boys, because she was kind of a tomboy herself. She would much rather go play in the barn with the horses than play dress up. I guess in away they know her through me, because as my sibling resemble her, I must too. As quoted from Jane Clayson's book, .... "It is from her(our Mother) that we learn to be a woman... Our cells divided and grew to the beat of her heart. Our skin, hair,heart, lungs and bones were nourished by her blood, blood that was awash with the neurochemicals formed in response to her thoughts, beliefs, and emotions...." For some reason this makes me feel a little closer to her even though she is gone.......

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Those are great pictures! I think that is a really neat quote. What a great way of looking at things. You have always been a true optimist! I appreciate that. Hope your week is going great.

Bunnell's said...

Anna...You are such a good person!!! I admire you for your strength!

Nikki