Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Germany Danke schön!!!




As many of you know I was gone all of last week on a FABULOUS trip to Germany!!!I was so lucky to be able to spend a week in a beautiful country with my wonderful Husband, who I haven't seen for 4 months! After I recovered from some killer jet lag we were able to see alot of beautiful places. We drove down to Munich on Monday, and for such a large city it was surprisingly easy to get around. A very friendly German man helped us read a parking meter, and helped us to realize we were parked in a spot that would cos us 12 Euro for every 15 minutes we were parked there. That is about $36 for half an hour!!! The parking drama was our only negative experience in Munich though, the food was awesome, and the buildings were beautiful! The people in all of the places we went were so patient with us. Here we are in their country and don't know a lick of German. Ordering at restaurants was pretty interesting considering the menu was often in German and the waitress didn't speak any English. We did alot of pointing and hoping. One night we got back into Bad Windsheim late and the only place to eat that was open was a tiny restaurant owned by a man from Turkey. He speaks German as a second language, so when we walked in speaking English....... JF asked him what was good to eat and he looked at us like we had horns. JF asked him what kinds of meat he had on the menu and the only word he could say was "tuna". We really didn't want to order anything with tuna from a restaurant we had never eaten in, so we finally settled on something with turkey in it, but we weren't sure what he was going to bring us. He brought out a turkey sandwich, and it was actually really good! We met a lot of really neat people. We visited Munich, Rothenberg, Nurnburg, and Garmisch. We crammed alot of stuff in considering Tuesday and Thursday JF had to go train, since that was the reason he was there in the first place. On JF's work days I walked around town,( one time getting really lost) took a nap, and even got a massage at the spa across the street from the hotel. It was a great trip, and JF and I are already talking about how soon we could go back!

4 comments:

Bunnell's said...

Anna!!! It was so awesome to see ya yesterday and today!! We just love you guys. I have decided you are not ever moving...k...great...I knew you would agree:)

Nikki

Holly Lin said...

Anna!
Yay for pictures!
It was so fun reading about your trip. I'm glad you had a good time. You both deserved it.

Sie sind meine Schwester!

I'll see you tonight... the big finale!

Brittney said...

I am jealous! I want to go to a different country! It sounds like you had fun.

Burke family said...

Wow! That is so awesome! I'm so glad you were able to go be with your hubby and have a fabulous trip together. I'm so jealous! It looks like you had a great time!